CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- The Hut Boutique is available all year with daily hire charges advertised on both our website and social media pages noted.
- When you book to have your stay at The Hut Boutique, you are donating for and experience on the Brighton and Hove beautiful seafront.
- Bookings times are from 09:00 to 21:00 pm all year. Due to cleaning and beach hut security, it is not possible to flex these times and you must be fully packed and have vacated the beach hut by the closing time indicated on your booking.
- Unfortunately, as indicated by our opening hours, beach huts may not be used for overnight accommodation due to the Brighton & Hove Council policies.
- We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- Whilst unlikely, we may occasionally have to make changes to your beach hut hire booking and reserve the right to do so. We anticipate these to be minor (such as a decision to amend our summer opening hours or catering delivery times) and will advise you of them as soon as possible.
- We ask all guests to consider our neighbours and take the time to review the general conditions and behaviours outlined below whilst at the beach huts.
CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING
- Full payment is required to confirm the booking with bookings available up to up to 12 months in advance.
- Bookings can be made up to 24 hours in advance online via our website.
- Catering bookings must be booked 2 weeks in advance with payment in full at the time of booking.
- Both beach hut hire and catering will not be considered conﬁrmed until payment has been received and cleared.
- We reserve the right to cancel a booking if full payment is not made.
- All bookings must be made if full to confirm hire of the Hut Boutique, rates are based on the time of year, length and standard or designed themes.
- A £30 security charge is also required at the time of your booking to cover any damages, loss or non returned keys. This deposit is returned within one week after your booking of £25 providing there are no damages and or keys have been returned.
- Voucher bookings may be made and valid for up to 1 year. If booked within 3 months the security deposit is refunded. If booked beyond 3 months of purchase there is no refund for the security deposit.
- There is no refund for vouchers once purchased.
BOOKINGS AND DONATIONS – HOW FUNDS ARE DIVIDED
- All bookings are considered donations and a portion of these rates goes to a select list of charities and for the upkeep of The Hut Boutique. General Maintenance for The Hut Boutique consist of: Annual Council Tax Fee, Insurance, a resupply of perishables and cosmetic upkeep for the exterior and interior Hut Boutique if needed.
CANCELLATION BY YOU, US or by NATURAL EVENTS
- If you need to cancel, please let us know immediately to allow us to re-let the beach hut. For The Hut Boutique and Catering, if canceled two weeks pre your booking then value paid less a £30 non-refundable fee. With less than two weeks’ notice, the full rental value is non-refundable.
- Decorations may not always be refundable as artwork is ordered and personalized.
- If you have requested floral arrangements and they have been purchased they are not refundable and cannot be canceled however we are happy for you to keep the arrangements purchased. We must know within the same day of cancellation as we will dispose of them.
- You can transfer the booking to another party if you aren’t able to attend at short notice and would like to transfer the space to someone advise us of the change and ensure they are familiar with our terms and conditions.
- If the beach hut or catering is unavailable due to events beyond our control (e.g. storm damage), we will advise you of the problem as soon as we can and fully refund your money – we cannot accept responsibility for any further claims but will do our very best to ensure that we find alternatives.
- If in the event there is public notice that the seafront is unsafe, you will be provided an option to change your date of hire. However, all other natural occurrences such as rain, snow, are exempt because the Hut Boutique is hospitable and in fact, quite cozy during those times! Therefore, cancellations are not prohibited – we cannot guarantee that every day will be sunny, unfortunately, however, we assure you that staying at the Hut Boutique will be very special.
- You are expected to take all reasonable care and respect of our properties. Please ensure the beach hut and all contents are left clean and tidy at the end of your stay and report any breakages or defects. We provide all cleaning products for this purpose but ask that you provide your own tea-towels. We also provide a brush for sweeping out the hut before leaving. We take great pride in looking after and cleaning our huts before any hire and would be most grateful if they could be left as originally found.
- All litter must be removed from the beach hut and surrounding site and disposed of correctly. Bin bags are provided for ease and if they bins on the promenade are full, please do pick up your litter to take home for disposal.
- You may be liable for any damage caused to the properties during your hire day beyond reasonable ‘wear and tear’. Please tell us about any damage or breakages at the end of your stay, so that we can rectify the situation. Small accidents, we can carry, but otherwise, we must charge for damage and repairs. If there is a problem, please contact us during the day, so that we can try to resolve it at the time.
- Keys must be returned to the key safe at the end of your stay. Failure to do so will result in a charge being made against you for replacement, up to a maximum of £60.
- Please ensure you hang the keys and padlocks inside the doors as soon as you have opened the hut doors. This will ensure they do not get lost. We recommend placing the keys in the key safes at all times when away from the beach hut to ensure they are not lost whilst on the beach.
RETURN OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
- In the event of any items being left in the properties, we will collect, pack and post the items back to you for a minimum charge of £5.
- Dogs must be kept under control at all times and, in particular, please minimize noise. Unfortunately, barking can be more than annoying for our neighbours.
- Dogs are not permitted on the furniture or day beds and must not be left alone in the beach hut. Hey there is a beach outside that they’d love to be let loose on!
- One dog is allowed per booking, though we do try to accommodate more if you have a larger four-legged family. Do just drop us a message with details of when you are thinking of booking and your party size including dogs so that we can advise the best beach hut for you!
- You are expected to remove all traces (inside and outside) of your dog’s visit and to clear up after your dog when out, in particular on beaches.
- Whilst we are privileged to have our beach huts on an all year round dog-friendly beach, please do look out for the signs regarding dogs on the beaches as restrictions exist on certain sections of the beach, particularly around Piers. Check the beach hut information for the specific details for that area.
- It is not permitted to exceed the maximum occupancy for each hut (normally six or eight people inside and outside of the beach hut). See individual beach huts for details of maximum numbers. Note that this includes babies and children and we allow one small-medium dog per booking unless prior agreement has been given.
- Please bear in mind our decking space/any outdoor space and size of beach hut when booking to maximize your enjoyment on the day and to be considerate of neighbouring beach hut tenants. I fully understand others allow up to 10 in each party but we value our business, your own enjoyment, and our neighbours too much to risk this.
- Smoking is NOT permitted within the beach hut, on its decking nor in the immediate vicinity of its neighbours. Please dispose of cigarettes appropriately and responsibly (please do not bury cigarette butts in the pebbles at the beach, or in the gardens grounds around the other beach huts).
CANDLES AND OTHER FIRE RISK
- The lighting of matches and burning of candles, incense or similar is strictly prohibited within and around the beach huts.
- The lighting of ﬁres or barbeques near the beach hut is strictly prohibited. Some beaches do allow BBQ’s on them but remember to check individual beach details and the tide times in advance!
NOISE AND DISTURBANCE
- Please do ensure children are supervised around the beach huts and that no guests climb on hut roofs or throw gravel/stones onto other huts or the promenade itself.
- Please respect those around you and ensure that none of your party use other beach hut walkways/decking to move between huts. This is our most common complaint from neighbours and we ask that you pro-actively stay off other hut owners outdoor areas regardless of occupancy on the day. They may find it awkward when they arrive and ask people to move when they own their own beach hut. Its just one day to you as a hired guest but they may use their own hut every day ;0)
- We do have a a radio/cd player, however, we ask that you keep the sound to a minimum
- We politely request that all guests exercise consideration for others with their noise levels. We will be held accountable for any guest behaviours but remember that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have fun, joke and laugh too!
- We have provided a range of games to enjoy but ask that no ball games are played in the immediate outside area or inside the beach hut.
- Valuables should not be stored in the beach hut and we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to the hirer’s property.
- We do not accept liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or to your baggage, vehicles or contents unless proved to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves.
- The person making the booking is responsible for the beach hut, and must accompany the party, and be over the age of 18.
- This booking is not transferable to any other person except at the discretion of The Hut Boutique (see cancellations)
- We reserve the right for the purpose of maintenance, replenishment to enter beach hut with or without workmen at any reasonable time, even in the absence of the hirer. We do try not to do this – it hasn’t happened yet!
- Where terms and conditions are breached during your hire (e.g. causing a disturbance, occupancy over agreed numbers), we reserve the right via any hut owner on the site to ask you leave with no refund. We may also refuse all further bookings and inform neighbouring beach hut hire companies.
- In the unlikely event of a problem, all complaints must be received before the end of the days hire to enable any issues to be resolved. Please note that no correspondence can be entered into concerning complaints made upon departure or after your return home.
Updated: 18 May 2018